The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act.
- Implements plan of care initiated by the clinician.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care.
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care. Assesses and provides patient and family/caregivers education and information pertinent to nutrition and diet.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments within the scope of practice.
- Monitors patient’s tolerance to medications/treatments. Records and reports any untoward reactions observed and/or reported by the patient.
- Documents patient’s teaching/ education of simple procedures and basic knowledge of the disease process.
- Provides continuous safety assessment of the patient’s home environment.
- Maintains and updates records.
- Observes and reports to the MD and Nurse Supervisor any changes of patient’s condition immediately.
- Participates in patient case conferences.
- Participates in staff/team meetings.
- Prioritize schedule and visits when meeting patient’s needs.
- Participates in coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietician) to the clinician and/or clinical supervisor.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the RN.
- Maintains an appropriate appearance.
|Job Category||Home Health Nurse, LVN, RN|