The physical therapist contracted or employed through the Agency is responsible for providing physical therapy services in according with the physician’s orders and with agency policies.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician’s plan of care. This may include, but will not be limited to:
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM — potential for rehab.
- Directing physical therapy treatment.
- Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy
- Reporting to physician patient’s reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
- Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic device.
- Supervising homemaker/home health aides when such personnel participating in patient’s rehabilitation regime.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
- Oasis assessment must be completed when required, within 48 hours.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals directed by Agency policy.
- Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
- Provides in-service education programs for nursing agency personnel as needed.
- Participates in peer consultation process
|Job Category||Home Health Aide, Home Health Nurse, LVN, Physical Therapist, RN|