Plans, organizes, and conducts dietetic education for agency personnel. Functions as a member of the home care team with expertise in nutritional counseling.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a nutritional plan based on an assessment of nutritional needs. This plan is included in the patient’s plan of care.
- Evaluates and reports results of nutrition appropriately.
- Instructs home care personnel to:
- Provide appropriate counseling to individuals and families/caregivers in the home setting.
- Evaluate and instruct on nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selection and economics.
- Adapt plans to the individual’s life style, as indicated.
- Reevaluate nutritional care by providing home follow-up care.
- Communicates appropriate dietary history and nutritional care data in the clinical record.
- Records subjective and objective information, assessment, treatment plan, in the clinical notes including a discharge summary.
- Communicates with clinician regarding patient’s progress and treatment goals.
- Maintains confidentiality and safety of patient clinical records.
- Complies with the Agency’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
|Job Category||Home Health Aide, Home Health Nurse, LVN, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, Registered Dietitian, RN, Speech Therapist|